Bowketts of Oldbury was opened as a butchers shop on 8th March 1938 by Bill Bowketts Snr and his wife Muriel.
Bill’s brother Sam joined him not long after but eventually found that the business wouldn’t stretch to two wages so he went on to join the Territorial Army - hence the original name Bowkett Bro’s.
Bill Bowkett Jnr was then born 6 weeks later on 19th April 1938. Bill Jnr took over the shop from his dad after doing his compulsory national service as camp butcher where he learnt how to cook.
Over the years the shop how gone from strength to strength surviving rationing and in later years entering a variety of National competitions winning most of them with their home made sausage! Having further success with homemade pies which they started producing in 1989.
Today we are members of the National Meat Federation and we make 28 different varieties of Award Winning sausages. All still made on the premises along with a large variety of meat pies and pork pies, all made in the traditional way.
Come in and try our traditional sausages, did we say they are award winning...
See our Awards here